Why Use a REALTOR®?
Whether you are ready to sell your home, move to a larger home or buy your first home, you need the assistance of a REALTOR®. Selling and/or buying a home is one of the largest financial decisions a person will experience in his/her lifetime. Considering the small upside cost and the large downside risk, it would be foolish to consider a deal in real estate without the professional assistance of a REALTOR®.
Please keep in mind that not all real estate licensees are the same. Only real estate licensees who are members of the National Association of REALTORS® are properly called REALTORS®. REALTORS® are more than salespeople. They are market analysts, negotiation facilitators and financial counselors. REALTORS® are bound by a strict Code of Ethics, and whether working for buyer or seller, have pledged to protect and promote the interests of their clients by providing fair and ethical treatment for all parties involved in the real estate transaction.
In today’s market many people are attempting to sell their home without the benefit of the experience a REALTOR® has to offer. They are finding out that there is much more to selling a home than sticking a sign in the yard and running an ad. Instead, a vast majority of homeowners are discovering the many benefits of using a REALTOR®. These include:
- REALTORS® have access to knowledge which will benefit you. They know their local markets and have access to data which allows them to help set the maximum price for your property. This also allows them to market your property in such a way to get maximum exposure to all interested buyers.
- Time is money, especially your time. REALTORS® take care of the time-consuming jobs of marketing and showing your home to prospective buyers.
- REALTORS® are committed to ongoing education. Many REALTORS® have made a commitment to obtain professional designations to further their knowledge of the complex real estate industry. They stay up to date with recent changes in development and zoning issues, disclosures, agency and fair housing laws, regulatory issues, financing options and much more.
- REALTORS® are well-acquainted with current real estate technology. They stay abreast of all recent technological advances that will help market your property to potential buyers.
- REALTORS® can qualify potential buyers. REALTORS® will take the time to pre-screen any potential buyers for eligibility to insure that they can afford to buy your home.
REALTORS® do all this and much more for you as a seller; they help with recommendations of any repairs or cosmetic touches which can help sell your home. They guide the negotiations to make sure the transactions are handled in a professional, non-emotional manner so that you can feel confident in your decisions.
Perhaps you have decided to buy your first home or move to a different home. You decide to start looking for a home. You consider a For Sale by Owner. Are you sure that you can protect yourself in this situation? A REALTOR® is there to represent your interests and help guide you in the buying process. Here are just some of the benefits in using a REALTOR® to help with the purchase of a home:
- REALTORS® have access to extensive knowledge of all homes listed in the Multiple Listing Service so you won’t waste you time looking at unsuitable homes.
- REALTORS® can help guide you in determining how much home you can afford and can offer recommendations for lending options that suit your needs.
- REALTORS® can help you coordinate home inspections, pest inspections and any other inspection(s) needed to insure that the home you are buying is safe and in good condition.
- REALTORS® can help gain access to a home listed for sale. They have access to lockbox codes and can coordinate appointments so that you can see houses at your convenience.
- REALTORS® will guide you through the negotiation process and the closing, helping explain the entire process.
REALTORS® offer these and many other invaluable services to potential buyers. They can help guide you through the purchasing process from start to finish–from stepping through the door of your potential home for that initial walk through to the closing at the attorney’s office.
If you are considering the purchase of a new home, or selling your current home, enlisting the services of a REALTOR® will guide you through what will likely be the most important transaction of your life.